Thursday 17 December 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Knights of the Round Table, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1953 ?
- Ikue Ile Mori: Rocker.
- Mark Gane: Toronto, Ontario -- Rocker (M+M).
- Barry Livingston: American actor who played the role of Ernie in "My Three Sons," a popular sitcom in which his brother Stanley also had a part.
- Barry Livingston in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Ernie - My Three Sons).
- Sally Menke: American film editor (d. 2010).
- US Federal Communications Commission approves RCA's black and white-compatible color TV specifications.
- The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approves color television.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?