Tuesday 17 December 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Smiles of a Summer Night, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1957 ?
- Wendy Hoyte: English sprinter.
- Bob Ojeda: American baseball player and coach.
- Jacques-Michel Huret: French architect, he attended the "Beaux-Arts" in Nancy.
- Earl Hudson: American drummer (Bad Brains).
- US successfully test-fires Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile.
- The United States successfully launches the first Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?