Thursday 17 December 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1959 ?
- Michelle Mackall in Washington DC: USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Friendly's-32nd).
- Tammie Green in Somerset: Ohio, USA; LPGA golfer (1989 du Maurier Ltd Classic).
- Gregg Araki: American filmmaker of Japanese heritage and ambiguous sexuality, he is considered a leading light of "queer cinema.
- Hervé Di Rosa: French contemporary painter.
- Albert King: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- On The Beach, is 1st film to premiere on both sides of Iron Curtain
- 1st movie opening simultaneously in major cities (On The Beach)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?