Saturday 17 December 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Grass Is Greener, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1960 ?
- La Plume de Ma Tante closes at Royale Theater NYC after 835 performances
- Take Me Along closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 448 performances
- 1960 Munich Convair 340 crash: 20 passengers and crew on board as well as 32 people on the ground are killed.
- Troops loyal to Haile Selassie I in Ethiopia crush the coup that began December 13, returning power to their leader upon his return from Brazil. Haile Selassie absolves his son of any guilt.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1960 and get them!