Sunday 17 December 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ambushers, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1967 ?
- Gigi D'Agostino: Italian DJ and producer.
- Vincent Damphousse: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Karsten Neitzel: German footballer and manager.
- Alan Nolet in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; gymnast (Olympics-1996).
- Vincent Damphousse in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL center (Montreal Canadiens).
- Pauline Maurice in Welland: Ontario, Canada; softball outfielder (Olympics-1996).
- WEDW TV channel 49 in Bridgeport, CT (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Prime Minister of Australia Harold Holt disappears while swimming near Portsea, Victoria and is presumed drowned.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - In And Out Of Love
- Cher - You Better Sit Down Kids
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?