Tuesday 17 December 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curtis Pride and Jeff[rey] Klepacki in Kearny.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Love Bug, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pauls Party.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1968 ?
- Curtis Pride: in Washington DC; outfielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Jeff[rey] Klepacki in Kearny: New Jersey, USA; rower (Olympics-1992, 1996).
- Andrey Golovatiuk: Russian politician.
- Claudio Suárez: Mexican footballer.
- Paul Tracy: Canadian race car driver and sportscaster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?