Sunday 17 December 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1972 ?
- Laurie Holden: American-Canadian actress and producer.
- Iván Pedroso: Cuban long jumper and coach.
- Don Davis: Linebacker (New Orleans Saints).
- Ivan Pedroso: Cuba -- Long jumper (1992 Olympics - 4th Place).
- John Abraham: Indian actor.
- Erwin Dressel: Composer, dies at 63.
- WGVC (now WUCX) TV channel 35 in Grand Rapids, MI (PBS) 1st broadcast
- New line of control agreed to in Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- America - Ventura Highway
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?