Monday 17 December 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Most Beautiful Girl by Charlie Rich.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeper, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1973 ?
- Eddie Fisher: American drummer and songwriter (OneRepublic).
- Konstadinos Gatsioudis: Greek javelin thrower.
- Rian Johnson: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Paula Radcliffe: English runner.
- Codrin Țapu: Romanian psychologist and academic.
- Hasan Vural: German-Turkish footballer
- Arabs terrorists shoot passengers on Boeing 737 to Kuwait
- Terrorism: 30 passengers are killed in an attack by Palestinian terrorists on Rome's Leonardo da Vinci Airport.
- The American Psychiatric Association removes homosexuality from its list of mental diseases.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?