Tuesday 17 December 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1974 ?
- Duff Goldman: American chef.
- Marissa Ribisi: American actress.
- Charl Langeveldt: South African cricketer.
- Ian Petrella: American actor.
- Giovanni Ribisi: American actor and producer.
- Sarah Paulson: American film, stage, and television actress. She began acting on stage, and in the 1990s starred in American Gothic (1995–96), and Jack & Jill (1999–2001). She later appeared in comedy films such as What Women Want (2000) and Down with Love (2003), and had dramatic roles in Path to War (2002) and The Notorious Bettie Page (2005). From 2006 to 2007, Paulson played the role of Harriet Hayes in the NBC comedy drama series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, for which she received a Golden Globe Award n
- Giovanni Ribisi and Marissa Ribisi: American actor and actress
- WIPO becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?