Saturday 17 December 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1983 ?
- Erik Christensen: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Haron Keitany: Kenyan runner.
- Kosuke Saito: Japanese DJ and composer.
- Sébastien Ogier: French rally driver, his titles "champion of champions" in the rally world championships 2013, 14, and 15 are coming after the successes of French Sebastien Loeb and Didier Auriol.
- Peg closes at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC after 5 performances
- Disco in Madrid catches fire; 83 die
- The IRA bombs Harrods Department Store in London, killing six people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- Culture Club - Church Of The Poison Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?