Sunday 17 December 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
The Painted Veil, directed by John Curran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 17 December 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 December
- Larry Sherry: American baseball player, the first pitcher to ever appear in all four winning games of the World Series, 1960.
- Armed militia in Peru ambush and kill seven people involved in a crackdown on the illegal growing of coca. (BBC)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad offers to share Iran's nuclear technology with neighboring countries. (Concorde Monitor)
- Hamas-Fatah conflict:
- The two sides now say that they have agreed to a ceasefire. (BBC)
- A roadside bomb kills three United States Army soldiers and wounds another north of Baghdad. (USA Today)
- Masked gunmen kidnap 30 workers from the Red Crescent in Iraq with six low-level employees of the organisation later being released. (CNN)
- A climber who had been lost on Oregon's Mount Hood is found dead in a snow cave minutes after rescuers were exploring a nearby cave with various related equipment inside. (Fox News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?