Wednesday 17 December 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Seven Pounds, directed by Gabriele Muccino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 17 December 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 December
- Sammy Baugh, football player who set numerous passing records with the Washington Redskins (1937-1952), dies at age 94 in Rotan, Texas, USA.
- Ruins of an entire ancient city belonging to the Wari culture are discovered in northern Peru. (BBC)
- South Korean actress Ok So-ri is given an eight-month suspended prison sentence for adultery after the Constitutional Court refused to strike down a law criminalizing adultery. (BBC)
- Iraqi Parliament Speaker Mahmoud al-Mashhadani announces his resignation because of chaos over the treatment of Muntadhar al-Zaidi, the Al-Baghdadia TV journalist who threw his shoes at United States President George W. Bush. (Telegraph)
- A U.S. State Department panel recommends that Blackwater Worldwide should be dropped as the main private security contractor for American diplomats in Iraq. (BBC)
- The United Nations passes a resolution authorizing foreign countries to conduct military raids on land or by sea in pursuit of Somali pirates. (Washington Post)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?