Tuesday 17 February 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Bert de] Wayne Morris and Per-Jakez Helias.
The Squaw Man, directed by Dustin Farnum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1914 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- [Bert de] Wayne Morris: Los Angeles, California -- WWII-pilot / actor (Paths of Glory).
- Per-Jakez Helias: Writer / teacher.
- José Aerts: Belgian writer.
- Julia Burgos: Puerto Rican poet, considered by many as the greatest poet born in Puerto Rico, and, along with Gabriela Mistral, one of the greatest female poets of Latin America.
- Pierre-Jakez Hélias: Breton stage actor, journalist, author, poet, and writer for radio who worked in the French and Breton languages.
- Rene Vietto: French road racing cyclist, a climber who won the mountains classification in the 1934 Tour de France.
- Gilbert Roger: France sport Champion
- Heinrich Schweikard: Germany Military man
- Jose Aerts: Belgium Writer
- Arthur Kennedy: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Actor (Fantastic Voyage, Peyton Place)
- Wayne Morris: Actor (Kid Galahad), dies of heart attack at 45
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Henry Burr
- The Girl in the Gingham Gown - Orpheus Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?