Tuesday 17 February 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Squaw Man, directed by Dustin Farnum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1914 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- [Bert de] Wayne Morris: Los Angeles, California -- WWII-pilot / actor (Paths of Glory).
- Per-Jakez Helias: Writer / teacher.
- José Aerts: Belgian writer.
- Julia Burgos: Puerto Rican poet, considered by many as the greatest poet born in Puerto Rico, and, along with Gabriela Mistral, one of the greatest female poets of Latin America.
- Pierre-Jakez Hélias: Breton stage actor, journalist, author, poet, and writer for radio who worked in the French and Breton languages.
- Rene Vietto: French road racing cyclist, a climber who won the mountains classification in the 1934 Tour de France.
- Gilbert Roger: France sport Champion
- Heinrich Schweikard: Germany Military man
- Jose Aerts: Belgium Writer
- Arthur Kennedy: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Actor (Fantastic Voyage, Peyton Place)
- Wayne Morris: Actor (Kid Galahad), dies of heart attack at 45
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Henry Burr
- The Girl in the Gingham Gown - Orpheus Quartet
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?