Saturday 17 February 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1917 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena: Mexican electrical engineer who was the inventor of a color-wheel type of color television, and who also introduced color television to Mexico.
- Abdel Badawi: Egyptian philosopher and poet (d. 2002).
- Guillermo Camarena: Mexican engineer (d. 1965).
- Abdur Rahman Badawi: Egyptian philosopher (d. 2002).
- Edmund Bishop English Secretary of Thomas Carlyle: dies at age 70.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Victor Military Band
- Mammy's Little Coal Black Rose - Orpheus Quartet
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 February 1917 and get them!