Sunday 17 February 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chaim Potok in New York City and Paul Meger.
Wild Orchids, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1929 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Chaim Potok in New York City: New York, USA; novelist (The Promise).
- Paul Meger: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jacky Noguez: French accordionist and bandleader whose 1959 hit 'Ciao Ciao Bambina' reached #63 on the U.S.
- Nicholas Ridley: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Patricia Routledge: British theatrical actress with a formidable manner.
- Chaim Potok: American novelist and rabbi (Born 1929)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?