Friday 17 February 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig L Thomas and Standley Hoch.
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1933 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Craig L Thomas: American politician (d. 2007).
- Standley Hoch: American accountant and CEO of General Public Utilities, a power company.
- Larry Jennings: American magician and author (d. 1997).
- Craig Thomas: American politician (Representative-Republican-Wyoming).
- Henri[cus A] Viotta: Dutch Composer (Handbook of Music), dies at 84.
- 1st issue of Newsweek magazine published
- Blondie Boopadoop married Dagwood Bumstead in the comic Blondie
- Marinus van der Lubbe arrives in Glindow, at Potsdam
- US Senate accepts Blaine Act ending prohibition.
- The Blaine Act ends Prohibition in the United States.
- First issue of Newsweek magazine published.
- Newsweek magazine is published for the first time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 February 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?