Friday 17 February 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig L Thomas and Standley Hoch.
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1933 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Craig L Thomas: American politician (d. 2007).
- Standley Hoch: American accountant and CEO of General Public Utilities, a power company.
- Larry Jennings: American magician and author (d. 1997).
- Craig Thomas: American politician (Representative-Republican-Wyoming).
- Henri[cus A] Viotta: Dutch Composer (Handbook of Music), dies at 84.
- 1st issue of Newsweek magazine published
- Blondie Boopadoop married Dagwood Bumstead in the comic Blondie
- Marinus van der Lubbe arrives in Glindow, at Potsdam
- US Senate accepts Blaine Act ending prohibition.
- The Blaine Act ends Prohibition in the United States.
- First issue of Newsweek magazine published.
- Newsweek magazine is published for the first time.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?