Saturday 17 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
'Northwest Passage' (Book I -- Rogers' Rangers), directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1940 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Vicente Fernandez: World Music Singer.
- Marilyn Jones: Australian ballet luminary and Artistic Director of A.I.
- Gene Pitney: American musician, songwriter and pop vocalist known for his plaintive singing style and his big hit "Town Without Pity.
- Willi Holdorf: .
- Vicente Fernández: Mexican singer-songwriter actor and producer.
- Bill Knott: Gratiot County Writer
- Count of Rosenborg Ingolf: Danish former prince, who appeared likely to someday become king until the constitution was changed in 1953 to allow females to inherit the crown, placing his branch of the dynasty behind that of his cousin Princess Margrethe and her two younger sisters. He later gave up his princely rank and his rights to the throne in order to marry a commoner. However, through his mother, he is a legitimate descendant of King George II of Great Britain, and retains a place in line to the British throne.
- Bradman scores 135 in a non-Shield match for South Africa vs. West Australia
- British destroyers board German Altmark off Norway
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?