Thursday 17 February 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1955 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mo Yan: Chinese author and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Otto J Gombosi: Hungarian/American musicologist, dies at age 52.
- KTVF TV channel 11 in Fairbanks, AK (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- Mike Souchak sets PGA 72-hole record of 257.
- Ice Dance Championship at Vienna Austria won by J Westwood/Demmy of Great Britain.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Vienna won by Tenley Albright os the USA.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Vienna won by Frances Dafoe and Bowden of Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?