Thursday 17 February 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mo Yan .
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1955 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mo Yan: Chinese author and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Otto J Gombosi: Hungarian/American musicologist, dies at age 52.
- KTVF TV channel 11 in Fairbanks, AK (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- Mike Souchak sets PGA 72-hole record of 257.
- Ice Dance Championship at Vienna Austria won by J Westwood/Demmy of Great Britain.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Vienna won by Tenley Albright os the USA.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Vienna won by Frances Dafoe and Bowden of Canada.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 February 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?