Friday 17 February 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1956 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Éric Pécout: French football/soccer striker, who obtained 5 caps (one goal) for the French national team.
- John Gabriel: American basketball General Manager, Magic.
- Richard Karn: American actor and game show host.
- Ice Dance Championship at Garmisch won by Pamela Weight/P Thomas of Great Britain.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Garmisch won by Schwarz and Oppelt of Austria.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Garmisch won by Carol Heiss of the USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?