Friday 17 February 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy McIntyre and Deb[ra] Richardson in Minneapolis.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Calcutta by Lawrence Welk.
In UK Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Gold of the Seven Saints, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gunslinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1961 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Guy McIntyre: NFL guard (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Deb[ra] Richardson in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; beach volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- Maria Eagle: British politician.
- Angela Eagle: British politician.
- Chris Champion: American wrestler.
- Andrey Korotayev: Russian anthropologist economic historian and sociologist
- Panna Rittikrai: Thai actor director and stuntman (d. 2014)
- Nita Naldi: Actress (Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde), dies of heart attack at 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- The Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?