Monday 17 February 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Campbell in Seattle and Buster Olney.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fire Within, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1964 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mike Campbell in Seattle: Washington, USA; pitcher (Chicago Cubs).
- Buster Olney: American sports columnist.
- Elizabeth Cosin: American journalist, television writer and mystery novelist whose books include "Zen and the Art of Murder" and "Zen and the City of Angels," in which she introduced her hard-boiled female detective, Zen Moses.
- Enrico Lucci: Italian journalist and television personality, known for his participation in the Italia 1 television program "Le iene.
- US House of Reps accept Law on the civil rights
- WMEM TV channel 10 in Presque Isle, ME (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US Supreme court rules - one man one vote (Westberry versus Sanders).
- In Wesberry v. Sanders the Supreme Court of the United States rules that congressional districts have to be approximately equal in population.
- Gabonese president Leon M'ba is toppled by a coup and his rival, Jean-Hilaire Aubame, is installed in his place.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- The Tams - What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am)
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?