Wednesday 17 February 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clayton Prince in Philadelphia and Jim Bowie.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to This Diamond Ring by Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Greatest Story Ever Told, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alarm in den Bergen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1965 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Clayton Prince in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Dark Justice, Reuben - Another World).
- Jim Bowie: Japanese / US baseball infielder (Oakland Athletics).
- Leonardo Pieraccioni: Italian film director who he beat all the box-office records with his second film, "The Cyclone," 1997.
- Michael Bay: American film director.
- Samuel Bayer: American director and cinematographer.
- US Ranger 8 launched; will transmit 7,137 lunar pictures.
- US-Japan baseball relations suspended over Masanori Murakami dispute.
- Project Ranger: The Ranger 8 probe launches on its mission to photograph the Mare Tranquillitatis region of the Moon in preparation for the manned Apollo missions. Mare Tranquillitatis or the ''Sea of Tranquility'' would become the site chosen for the Apollo 11 lunar landing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
- The Ad Libs - The Boy From New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?