Saturday 17 February 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Cox and Patrick Uterwijk pop guitarist (Pestilence.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hauptstraße Glück.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1968 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Bryan Cox: NFL linebacker (Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears).
- Patrick Uterwijk pop guitarist (Pestilence: Consuming Impulse).
- Celita Schutz in Riverdale: New Jersey, USA; half-middleweight judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Wu'erkaixi : Chinese journalist and activist.
- Donald Wolfit: British distinguished thespian and manager who, having brought Shakespeare to the provinces, gave both enjoyable and hammy performances in films.
- In Springfield, Massachusetts, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame opens.
- Administrative reforms in Romania divide the country into 39 counties.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?