Thursday 17 February 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1972 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Billie Armstrong: Guitarist.
- Taylor Hawkins: American musician (Foo Fighters).
- Lloy Ball in Fort Wayne: Indiana, USA; volleyball setter (Olympics-1996).
- William Floyd: full back (San Francisco 49ers).
- Vladimir Vujtek NHL forward (Team Czechoslovakia Olympics-gold-1998: Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Tony Lawson: in NSA Australia; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Richard MacQuire in Melbourne: Victoria, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Stephen Robinson in Arlington: Virginia, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Philippe Candeloro: Philippe Candeloro is a French former competitive figure skater. He is a two-time Olympic bronze medalist (1994, 1998), a two-time World medalist (1994 silver, 1995 bronze), a two-time European silver medalist (1993, 1997), and a four-time French national champion (1994–97). He has commentated for French television during figure skating events at the Olympics.
- Lloy Ball: Ft Wayne, Indiana -- Volleyball setter (1996 Olympics)
- Yuki : Japanese singer-songwriter (Mean Machine Judy and Mary and NiNa)
- Cezary Kucharski: Polish footballer
- Valeria Mazza: Argentinian model and businesswoman
- Ralphie May: American comedian
- LG Petrov: Swedish singer (Entombed)
- Yuki Isoya: Japanese singer (Judy and Mary)
- Gavril Nikolayevich Popov: Composer, dies at 67.
- President Nixon leaves Washington DC for China
- British Parliament votes to join European Common Market.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Apollo 100 - Joy
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Bread - Everything I Own
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?