Sunday 17 February 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valeria Mazza and Bryan White.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bagpuss.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1974 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Valeria Mazza: Rosario, Argentina -- Model (Cosmo-July 1995).
- Bryan White: American singer.
- Jerry O'Connell in New York City: New York; actor (Scream 2, Sliders, Andrew Clements - My Secret Identity).
- Frédéric Bolley: French two-time motocross world champion.
- Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah : Brunei royalty, Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince of Brunei, is in line to become the 30th Sultan of the oil-rich Islamic nation upon the abdication or death of his father.
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Naples Lely Golf Classic.
- 49 die in stampede for seats at soccer match, Cairo, Egypt.
- A soccer stampede occurs in Cairo, killing 49.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- David Essex - Rock On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?