Saturday 17 January 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
As in a Looking Glass, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1903 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Jyoti Prasad Agarwala: Assamese poet, playwright, film maker (d. 1953).
- Warren Hull: Gasport, New York -- Actor (Strike it Rich, Who in the World).
- Johanna Klink: German super-centenarian (d. 2015).
- Ignaz Wechselmann: Hungarian architect and philanthropist (Born 1828).
- El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Come Down, Ma Evening Star - Mina Hickman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?