Friday 17 January 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1908 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Akkineni LV: Lakshmi Varaprasada Rao Prasad producer.
- John Wheatley: Scottish Labour politician and judge.
- BEN : Vaudelney Cartoonists.
- Antonio Pesenti: Italy sport Champion.
- Cus D'Amato: American boxing manager and trainer (d. 1985).
- Ferdinand IV SMJJBFLGRRJ: Ruler of Toscane, dies at 72.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1908 and get them!