Tuesday 17 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1911 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- George Joseph Stigler: American economist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991).
- André-Georges Haudricourt: French botanist, anthropologist and linguist, who died on 20 August 1996.
- Hank Leiber: American professional baseball player who played as an outfielder in Major League Baseball from 1933 to 1942 with the New York Giants and Chicago Cubs.
- Hermann Pfrogner: Austria -- Musicologist (Zerrissene Orpheus).
- Busher Jackson: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1966).
- John McCain: American admiral (d. 1981)
- George Stigler: American economist. He won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1982, and was a key leader of the Chicago School of Economics. He died on 1 December 1991 of a heart failure.
- Philibert Smellinckx: Belgium sport Champion
- Failed assassination attempt on premier Aristide Briand in French Assembly.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?