Saturday 17 January 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1914 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Theo Lefevre: Belgian politician, an attorney and oppositional leader.
- Anacleto Angelini: Italian-Chilean businessman (d. 2007).
- Irving Brecher: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Paul Royle: Australian lieutenant and pilot (d. 2015).
- William Stafford: American poet and essayist (d. 1993).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1914 and get them!