Wednesday 17 January 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1917 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Oskar Morawetz: Svetla, Czechoslovakia -- Composer.
- Ulyses Simpson Kay: Composer.
- M G Ramachandran: Indian politician, actor (d. 1987).
- Ramon Cardemil: Chilean huaso (d. 2007).
- Ulysses Kay: American musician, composer and college professor.
- Maruthur Gopalan Ramachandran (MGR) Indian film star: politician.
- Ramón Cardemil: Chilean horse rider (d. 2007)
- M Ramachandran: Indian actor director and politician 5th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (d. 1987)
- Hendrik Goeman Borgesius Dutch politician: dies at age 70.
- The United States pays Denmark $25 million for the Virgin Islands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?