Saturday 17 January 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1925 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Edgar Ray Killen: American convict, former preacher and K.K.
- Duane Hanson: American artist and sculptor, he is known for his realistic life-sized sculptures of ordinary people in real-life situations: in accidents, at work, doing chores, resting and at play.
- Annie Delorie: Dutch opera singer (Scenes & Arias).
- Robert Cormier: American author, columnist and reporter (Born 1925).
- Abdul Kardar: Pakistani cricketer and author (d. 1996).
- Fern Formica: American dwarf singer, dancer and actress (also known as Johnnie Fern or Johnny Fern) who appeared most notably as a Munchkin villager and 'sleepyhead' in the original 1939 The Wizard of Oz movie. Other film roles included Diamond Dolly (the saloon bar girl) in Terror Of Tiny Town (1938), and a little girl (alongside Gary Cooper) in Meet John Doe (1941). Formica also doubled for Shirley Temple in the 1934 movie Bright Eyes, playing parts where Temple was facing away from the camera. Her curly bl
- Edgar Killen: American criminal
- Patricia Owens: Canadian-American actress (d. 2000)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?