Monday 17 January 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Show, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1927 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Tom Dooley: American humanitarian (d. 1961).
- EW Swackhamer: American television & film director (d. 1994).
- Eartha Kitt: Pop Singer.
- Donald Erb: Youngstown, Ohio -- Composer.
- Michael Herford Wooller: TV / film producer.
- Eartha Kitt in South Carolina: USA; singer/actress (Catwoman - Batman).
- Norman Kaye: Australian actor and composer (d. 2007)
- Harlan Mathews: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- E Swackhamer: American director and producer (d. 1994)
- Thomas Dooley: American physician and humanitarian who wrote the bestseller "The Night They Burned the Mountain." In a 1961 Gallup poll listing the most admired men Tom Dooley was third behind Eisenhower and the Pope.
- Juliette Gordon Low: American founder of the Girl Scouts of the USA (Born 1860).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?