Tuesday 17 January 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Barraque and Maurice Gaidon.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1928 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Jean Barraque: French composer (d. 1973).
- Maurice Gaidon: French Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cahors, France.
- Luigi Moltrasio: Italian soccer player.
- Lelio Antoniotti: France sport Champion.
- Serge Ceustermans: France sport Champion.
- Jean Barraqué: French composer (d. 1973)
- Vidal Sassoon: English-American hairdresser and businessman (d. 2012)
- 1st fully automatic photographic film developing machine patented
- The OGPU arrests Lev Trotsky in Moscow he assumes a status of passive resistance.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?