Wednesday 17 January 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1934 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Shari Lewis in Bronx: New York, USA; ventriloquist/puppeteer (Lamb Chop).
- Cedar Walton: American hard bop jazz pianist.
- Donald Cammell: Scottish film director, born in the Camera Obscura (then known as Outlook Tower) on Castlehill, near the castle in Edinburgh, Scotland, the son of the poet and writer Charles Richard Cammell.
- Sydney Phillip Hodkinson: Composer.
- Zlatko Papec: Croatian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Carl Hubbell, NL MVP winner, gets $18,000 contract by the New York Giants
- New York Giants reward National League Most Valuable Player pitcher Carl Hubbell with $18,000 contract.
- Electric Home and Farm Authority incorporated.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?