Thursday 17 January 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1935 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Ruth Ann Minner: American politician, businesswoman and 72nd Governor of Delaware.
- Jimmy Powell in Dallas: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1990 Southwestern Bell Classic).
- Paul O[sborne] Williams: United States -- Sci-fi author (Ends of the Circle).
- Jimmy Powell: American golfer who played on the PGA Tour in the 1960s and 1970s, but whose greatest success came on the Senior PGA Tour in the early to mid-1990s.
- Ruth Minner: American businesswoman and politician 72nd Governor of Delaware.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1935 and get them!