Friday 17 January 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1936 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Jerry Fogel in Rochester: New York, USA; actor (Jerry - Mothers-in-Law, White Shadow).
- John Boyd: English academic and diplomat British ambassador to Japan.
- A Thangathurai: Sri Lankan lawyer and politician (d. 1997).
- Jean Genermont: Moulins physician.
- Mateiu Caragiale: Romanian author (Born 1885).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1936 and get them!