Tuesday 17 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Toini Gustafson: Sweden -- 5K / 10K cross country skier (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Maury Povich: American talk show host.
- Archbishop Christodoulos: of Athens and All Greece (d. 2008).
- Christodoulos of Athens : Greek archbishop (d. 2008).
- Ed Barrow is elected New York Yankees president succeeding deceased J Ruppert.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?