Saturday 17 January 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Boone in Fayetteville and Nancy Parsons.
Woman of the Year, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1942 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Randy Boone in Fayetteville: North Carolina, USA; actor (Cimarron Strip, Virginian).
- Nancy Parsons: American actress (d. 2001).
- Muhammad Ali: American light-heavyweight gold medalist, the only man to win the heavyweight championship of the world three times.
- Renzo Sambo: Italian champion rower who received the Gold Medal in the Olympics, Mexico 1968.
- Cassius Clay: American emancipationist (Born 1810).
- Ita Buttrose: Australian journalist and businesswoman
- Ulf Hoelscher: German violinist and educator
- Nigel McCulloch: English bishop
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?