Friday 17 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Toushin and Jane Elliot in New York City.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1947 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Gail Toushin: LPGA golfer.
- Jane Elliot in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Baby Boom, General Hospital, Knots Landing).
- Todd Susman in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Goodnight Beantown).
- Ulysses Dove: Dancer / choreographer.
- Jean-Baptiste Chanfreau: French international tennis player, who competed in the Australian Open in 1969 and in the Davis Cup a number of times, from 1970 to 1973.
- Philippe Marland: French senior official, former Ambassador, and Permanent Representative of France to the OECD.
- Muiden Netherlands ammunition factory explodes, 16 die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?