Tuesday 17 January 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1950 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:17 January
- Alive & Kicking opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 46 performances
- The Great Brinks Robbery : 11 thieves steal more than $2 million from an armored car Company's offices in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Eleven men rob Brinks Armored Car depot office in Boston of US$1.2 million cash and US$1.5 million securities. The robbers are caught in January 1956.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?