Sunday 17 January 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1954 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Janet Dykman in Monterey Park: California, USA; archer (Olympics-1996).
- Robert F Kennedy: Jr.
- Susan Kiefel: Australian lawyer and judge.
- Robert F Kennedy Jr: Attorney (Natural Resources Defense Council).
- Steve Hill: American Christian clergyman and evangelist.
- Robert Kennedy: Jr. American lawyer radio host and environmentalist
- NFL Pro Bowl: East beats West 20-9.
- Suggs Louise wins LPGA Sea Island Golf Open (Cloister).
- In Yugoslavia, Milovan Djilas, one of the leading members of the League of Communists of Yugoslavia, is relieved of his duties.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?