Thursday 17 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1957 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Nancy Argenta: Canadian soprano and actress.
- Ann Nocenti: American journalist and author.
- Michel Vaarten: Belgian cyclist.
- Steve Harvey: American actor, comedian and radio personality.
- Keith Chegwin: British television personality and host of "Multi-Colored Swap Shop" from 1976-82, followed by "Cheggers Plays Pop.
- Donna Stone: New Jersey, United States -- Fencer-epee (1996 Olympics)
- 9-county commission recommends creation of BART
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1957 and get them!