Sunday 17 January 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chili Davis in Kingston and John Crawford in Palo Alto.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Firma Hesselbach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1960 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Chili Davis in Kingston: Jamaica; outfielder (California Angels).
- John Crawford in Palo Alto: California, USA; bass (Berlin - "Take My Breath Away").
- Chatchai Plengpanich: Thai actor.
- John Crawford: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Berlin).
- Chili Davis: Jamaican-American baseball player and coach.
- NFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 38-21.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?