Monday 17 January 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1966 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Joshua Malina: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- António Zeferino: Cape Verdean runner.
- Anna Ivan: La Jolla, California -- Tennis star.
- Don Myrah: Oakland, California -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics - 20th Place).
- Shabba Ranks: Jamaican singer.
- Stephin Merritt: American singer and songwriter (The Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, The Gothic Archies)
- Don Myrah in Oakland: California, USA; cyclist (Olympics-20th-1996).
- Karissa Rushing in Benton: Arkansas, USA; Miss America-Arkansas (1990).
- Rexton Gordon: "Shabba Ranks"; Jamaican disc-jockey/rapper (Extra Naked).
- Trish Johnson in Bristol: England; LPGA golfer (1993 Las Vegas).
- Anna Ivan in La Jolla: California, USA; tennis star.
- B-52 / KC-135 tankers crash near Spanish coast at Palomares, 7 die
- Martin Luther King Jr opens campaign in Chicago, Illinois.
- A B-52 bomber collides with a KC-135 Stratotanker over Spain, dropping three 70-kiloton nuclear bombs near the town of Palomares and another one into the sea in the Palomares incident.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have To Be So Nice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?