Friday 17 January 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Jenkinson and Squarepusher .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Mandy by Barry Manilow.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barney Miller.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Panther or Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1975 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?