Saturday 17 January 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Write The Songs by Barry Manilow.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1976 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Miguel Martinez: French athlete, Olympic Bronze Medal winner in cross-country all-purpose (all-roads) vehicle on 7/30/1996, Atlanta.
- Ad Verhoeven: Soccer player (Xerxes / Sparta), dies in auto accident.
- I Write the Songs by Barry Manilow hits #1
- Hermes rocket launched by European Space Agency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?