Monday 17 January 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Wish by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Salon Kitty, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1977 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Dante Carver: American-Japanese actor.
- Kevin Thorn: American wrestler.
- Leigh Whannell: Australian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Ali el: Kattabi; soccer player (Sparta).
- Kevin Fertig: American professional wrestler.
- NFL Pro Bowl: AFC beats NFC 24-14
- Kansas City Royals release Tommy Davis, ends an 18-year career with ten teams.
- Zaire President Mobutu visits Belgium.
- Convicted murderer Gary Gilmore is executed by a firing squad in Utah, ending a ten-year moratorium on Capital punishment in the United States.
- Scientists identify a previously unknown bacterium as the cause of the mysterious Legionnaires' disease.
- Australia's worst railway disaster at Granville, near Sydney, leaves 83 people dead.
- SFR Yugoslavia Prime minister, Džemal Bijedić, his wife and 6 others are killed in a plane crash in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- U.S. President Gerald Ford pardons Iva Toguri D'Aquino (aka ampquotTokyo Roseampquot).
- Snow falls in Miami, Florida (despite its ordinarily tropical climate) for the only time in its history. Snowfall has occurred farther south in the United States only on the high mountains of the state of Hawaii.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Brick - Dazz
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?