Saturday 17 January 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1981 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Scott Mechlowicz: American actor.
- Ray J: American rapper and singer.
- Warren Feeney: Northern Irish footballer and manager.
- Loukas Panourgias: Greek footballer (Born 1899).
- Philippino President Marcos ends state of siege
- President of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos lifts martial law eight years and five months after declaring it.
- Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos lifts martial law.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?