Thursday 17 January 1991
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Love Will Never Do (Without You) by Janet Jackson.
In UK Sadness Part 1 by Enigma was in the top 5 hits.
New Jack City, directed by Mario Van Peebles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Scarlett by Alexandra Riple was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1991!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1991 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:17 January
- Olav AFEC van Sleeswijk-Holstein-S-G V: King of Norway (1957).
- Iraq fires 8 Scud missiles on Israel
- Mountie Jacques Rougeau beats Hart for WWF intercontinental title.
- Harald V becomes King of Norway on the death of his father, Olav V.
- Gulf War: Operation Desert Storm begins early in the morning. Iraq fires 8 Scud missiles into Israel in an unsuccessful bid to provoke Israeli retaliation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- C & C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
- Surface - The First Time
- Madonna - Justify My Love
- Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
- Damn Yankees - High Enough
- Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity
- Vanilla Ice - Play That Funky Music
- Nelson - After The Rain
- Stevie B - Because I Love You (The Postman Song)
- Bette Midler - From A Distance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1991 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?