Thursday 17 January 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Definitely, Maybe, directed by Adam Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breaking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ape Quest or Chess Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 17 January 2008 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- British Airways Flight 38 crash lands just short of London Heathrow Airport in England with no fatalities. It is the first complete hull loss of a Boeing 777.
- NYSE Euronext, the holding company for the New York Stock Exchange, agrees to buy the American Stock Exchange for $260 million in stock. (Fox Business)
- Russian security officer Vasily Khitryuk is convicted of spying for Lithuania. (PR-inside)
- Crash landing at London Heathrow: A British Airways Boeing 777 flying from Beijing, China to London, England lands on the grass short of the south runway and continues onto the runway, stopping on the white stripes, injuring 13 people, but resulting in no fatalities. The chaos results in the cancellation of 200 flights. (BBC News)
- War in Pakistan (2004–present): Another Pakistani security outpost near the border with Afghanistan is abandoned by government troops due to threats from pro-Taliban fighters. (Aljazeera)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?